Keeping fit does not have to be difficult. If you are determined and persistent, you can easily achieve all of your fitness goals this summer. You don’t even have to sweat it out at the gym or spend hours pounding the pavement each week. There are many alternative forms of fitness, which will not only enable you to get fit, but will also ensure that your workouts are effective. So, if you want to make this summer the time to shake-up your workout routine, then check out these fitness techniques:
- HIIT: The buzz around High-Intensity Interval Training has been building momentum for a couple of years now, but with even more evidence pointing to its efficiency. HIIT is basically an intense version of interval training. By alternating between short burst of intense aerobic exercise and low intensity rest periods you could improve your cardiovascular health, condition your body, and increase your ability to burn fat in as little as 4 minutes per session.
- Fusion Fitness: This method is great if you are strapped for time because it packs cardio, strength training, and flexibility into one session. By combining the three most important aspects of fitness into one simple workout, it is possible to burn more fat, tone up, and build more muscle quickly.
- Functional Fitness: Functional fitness is the perfect workout solution for anyone who wants to condition his or her body for everyday living. Functional fitness concentrates on exercises which will not only tone the body, increase fitness, and aid weight loss, but also enable the practitioner to carry out everyday tasks, such as lifting heavy grocery bags, with ease. This is achieved by using strength training to promote movements that force various muscles to work together, rather than in isolation, and by improving power, force, and coordination, which is essential for performing daily tasks.
- Bodyweight Training: There is no need to fork out for an expensive gym membership when you already have the only thing you will ever need to get fit – your own body. Bodyweight training utilizes the weight of the body to provide an excellent resistance workout. The great thing about this kind of training is that you can do it almost anywhere, at any time, and you can always find a workout to match your fitness level. Whether you choose push-ups, squats, lunges, crunches, or anything else you can think of, bodyweight training can be tailored to you fitness liking.
- Wearable Technology: There’s a huge fuss being made of wearable technology at the moment. We’re all hooked to the Internet already, so it makes sense to harness its incredible power to get fit. Wearable technology is one way we can do just that. Wearable technologies comprise of products like heart rate monitors and activity trackers which, when attached to the body, can log all exercise taken and upload it to the internet, where the wearer can monitor their progress and adjust their activity levels as necessary.